Monday 30 July 2012

Book Review for Divergent by Veronica Roth


Divergent by Veronica Roth
Release date: May 3rd, 2011
Publisher: Harper Collins
Pages: 487




Summary: 5 Factions, and when you turn sixteen, you get tested. Whatever faction the test says you are, you choose to leave or stay with your family in the faction that you have lived in for your whole life.
For sixteen year old Beatrice Prior, she had never felt that she fit into her faction so when it comes to the test, she is told that she is a divergent and if she ever told anyone, then she could suffer severe consequences such as death. When Beatrice is told to choose a faction to go to, she picks Dauntless and once getting there, she realises that the society that they all live in isn't as perfect as she thought it was.


Thoughts: Divergent is one of those books that you cannot put down. It is so drawing and makes you want to never put it down and it just filled me with adrenaline and I was speeding through the pages like I was racing to the finish line! I was stuck to my chair 24/7 until I finished the book.
       When I first picked up this book I was thinking, oh well this is going to be kind of like the Hunger Games and everyone was comparing the two and I thought that everything was going to be close to the same, like Katniss and Beatrice both having to go to places and then compete but when I actually started to read the book, they were both completely different and I don't get how people started to compare the two, especially if they have read the book because with everyone saying, they are so alike and, Divergent is kind of a copy of The Hunger Games. Well, I have one thing to say and it is, DIVERGENT IS NOTHING AND I MEAN COMPLETELY NOTHING LIKE THE HUNGER GAMES!!! I don't understand how people compared these books.
         Veronica Roth just completes and makes this book because she just writes Divergent so well and makes the whole book come to life like some other authors do but she does it so super well. She drew me into the books and made me really attached to the book and if you saw me when I was reading it, you wouldn't see my face out of that book until I was finished the last word of the last page.  
           I would give Divergent by Veronica Roth an obvious 5/5 stars because she just made this book so good and couldn't have been any better. I wouldn't change anything and she just made me and I am pretty sure everyone else who has read this book would agree with me that this book was amazing and well even more then amazing. I am super excited to Insurgent and then the third book in the series!


Rating: 5/5 stars
Recommended to people who like: Adventure, Action, Romance, Dystopian and The Hunger Games

No comments:

Post a Comment