Wednesday 4 July 2012

Book Review for Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Release Date: November 15th, 2011
Publisher: Harper/HarperCollins
Pages: 338

Summary: My Touch is Lethal. My Touch is Power.
Juliette hasn't touched anyone in 264 days. The last time she did, someone died and the accident caused The Reestablishment locked her up. No one knows that Juliette's touch is lethal and with diseases destroying the population no one really needs to pay attention to her.
     The Reestablishment said the only way to fix things was to lock her up in a cell with no one, until the day when a mysterious boy is put into her cell. Juliette now wonders if she is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe, she is exactly what The Reestablishment needs right now.
Juliette has to make a choice: Be a Weapon. Or be a Warrior.
Thoughts:  I think that Shatter Me is an exhilarating and unique read. The whole premise of the story, with Juliette's lethal touch and then all the obstacles if The Reestablishment trying to use her gift as a weapon to run the world basically. Then, there is also the boy who comes in and steals everyones heart until one part where I got mad at him but then it went back to the, OMG, her is amazing time!!!
     I think that Tahereh Mafi did an amazing job with writing the whole story come to life. The way she made you feel what was happening and she makes you start ripping your hair out at points in the book.
            I liked the protagonist, Juliette. She has such a funny and yet serious personality and is so brave and you can just see it in the way that she speaks and thinks. Her thoughts are just super fun to read because they can make you laugh, cry, smile and scream in fear and in joy. I think that when you have a great protagonist, it just makes the story better because you're just so excited to read what the person says because you know it will be good.
     Now, I know that covers aren't a huge thing to judge books on, (even though I do sometimes), this cover is pretty wicked, don't you think? I love the silver and when you actually have the book, you see the way that the cover glitters in the light and Juliette, on the cover, is just beautiful. She ties the cover together. One of the things that really brought me to read this book is the words at the top of the cover, My Touch is Lethal. My Touch is Power. How cool is that sentence? I would say that it was a great idea to put that on the cover because it is just so interesting and really makes you want to see what the words really mean.
      I would give Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi a 5/5 stars because it was just an all around amazing book. They're aren't words to describe how good it was and I am SUPER EXCITED for the next book in the series, Unravel Me.



Rating: 5/5 stars
Recommended for people who like: Suspense, Drama, Action, Adventure, Romance and Starters by Lissa Price

No comments:

Post a Comment