Tuesday 3 July 2012

Book Review for Eve by Anna Carey

Eve by Anna Carey
Release Date: October 4th, 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages: 336

Summary: It's 2032, sixteen years after a deadly virus that had a vaccine that was intended to protect against this virus wiped out most of the earth's population. The night before eighteen year old Eve's graduation, she figured out her school's dark secret and Eve's horrible fate that awaits her after graduating.
     Leaving the school, Eve sets off on a journey to search for a place that she can survive. Along the way, she encounters a boy, Caleb. Her school always told her to beware of the boys and meeting Caleb changes everything. He is this rough and rebellious boy who is living in the wild. Caleb slowly earns Eve's trust and helps her on her mission to reach a safe place. When the soliders start hunting for Eve, she must choose between true love and her life.

Thoughts:  Eve was a wonderful book with such an original plot line, especially with the whole idea of everything and based in the future it is a dystopian novel and was written and created in the best way possible.  I loved the whole idea of the world being whipped out, (starters by Lissa Price.html), and then you find out some amazing secrets that are unbearable and should never happen and also when Eve sets out on her adventure to find her way and get out of the school before it is too late. How cool does that sound, I find it a complete hook when authors say, before it is too late! Doesn’t it just sound exhilarating! I love the whole suspense of it all which makes you burst if you can’t figure out what happens and when books leave you hanging so you get over excited for the sequel, which that sequel for Eve is called Once and I am super excited because Eve ended with a complete cliff hanger which I hate but I also LOVE!  
     I think that Anna Carey did an amazing job with writing this book and making the whole story come to life because she made you feel the suspense and mystery in her words and made you want more. She made me personally not be able to get Eve out of my face and the whole story and plot and just everything was completely seductive.
     I think that the cover for Eve is just amazing and looks so beautiful. The green and blue just complement each other perfectly and make the cover so beautiful and probably one of the best covers I have seen in a while.
        I would give Eve by Anna Carey a 4/5 stars because it was really good and I am so excited for the sequel, Once and that cover is SUPER pretty as while.

Rating: 4/5 stars

Recommended for people who like: Dystopian novels, romance, suspense, action and adventure and for people who like Divergent


Also, before I read Eve, I checked out this video, a booik trailer for Eve by Anna Carey. The link is posted below. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hthpbmUcn7A    -------------EVE BOOK TRAILER LINK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment