Tuesday 17 April 2012

Book Review for Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard

Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard
Release date:October 1,2006
Publisher:Harper Collins
Pages:286


SummaryFour girls, best friends. Only, there used to be five of them.

Three years ago, Alison DiLaurentis disappeared during a sleepover with her friends, Aria, Spencer, Emily and Hanna. Alison was the best of the best and now she is gone, just like that.

   Now Aira is hanging out a bit to much with her english teacher, Spencer steals her sister's boyfriend, Emily is playing with some girls and Hanna is using some pretty dirty secrets to stay beautiful. When the girl's start getting text from -A, about their darkest secrets that only Ali knew. Now they re-unit and start to panic, get nervous and think to themselves, is Ali back?


Thoughts: Pretty Little Liars is the first book in a twelve book suspenseful series. I fell in love with this series before I even read the first page. The back of the book completely dragged me in and I couldn't wait to read it. The whole mystery suspense theme makes me crazy! I just love how everything fits with this book to. I mean Sara Shepard didn't over do it and just made the book perfect.
  Pretty Little Liars really spoke to me, not like anything close to as horrible as that has happened to me but just the whole book moves me and makes me love it even more. The whole plot of the book is even fabulous and couldn't be better. Some authors make it so the book doesn't sound as good on the outside as it actually is but Pretty Little Liars is just amazing everywhere. No bumps in the road, just a smooth path all the way.
   I found that Sara didn't leave any parts that made you bored and want to get to a good part, she told the story clearly and exciting all the way through. She did leave me hanging at the end of chapters, which I hate, but it's what makes a book good and makes you want to read on.
   Sara Shepard made my life change. She made me think about everything a little bit closer and has me reading between the lines in her books to try and solve the -A mystery. I love how at the end of the books they're notes from -A which a friend of mine used to figure out who -A was because she took all of the characters and looked who applied to the clue. Also those last paragraphs of the  -A notes are always making me want to read the next book.   
   I do have to say my favourite character is Aria because she is so fragile and sweet but has this swagger of attitude when she needs to. My other favourite character is Spencer because she is smart and always thinking. She was always jealous of Ali because she was always mean and rude to the girls, even though she made them feel special and because Spencer isn't afraid to speak her mind. I do like Hanna and Emily but not as much because I find Aria and Spencer's chapters more thrilling most of the time but there are really good Emily and Hanna chapters.
    I would definatly give Pretty Little Liars a 5/5 stars because it was so thrilling and made me read until I dropped/or finished it. I absolutely love Sara Shepard and can't wait to read more of her other series and books.

Rating: 5/5 stars
Recommended to people who like: Drama, mystery, suspense, romance, thriller, young adult(YA)

There is also a television based on the books, Pretty Little Liars which is really good, a bit different from the books but good. It is on Mondays at 8:00 pm on Much.

2 comments:

  1. Great, thorough review! One thing that I often do though is write up my blog posts in Microsoft Word first because it has spell check! Then you can use that and then copy&paste from that into your blog post. It helps with longer posts like this one since it's hard sometimes to catch your mistakes. Overall though, you're doing a fabulous job :)

    - Brittany, your mentor :)

    P.S We have the exact same favourite characters! I've never read the books but I watch the show, and I love Aria and Spencer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, Thank you and I will try Microsoft! :)

    ReplyDelete