Sunday 15 April 2012

Book Review on Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Release date:June 7,2011 
Publisher: Quirk Books
Pages:352


Summary: A mysterious island.

An abandoned orphanage.

A strange collection of very curious photographs
.


   In the beginning there is a tragedy in sixteen-year-old Jacob's family. As one of his promises, Jacob said he would travel to a remote island off the coast of Wales and takes on a Journey of a lifetime. 
   As Jacob discovers the ruins of Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children, he explores abandoned rooms and a dark basement. As he continues to explore he finds out that these children may not have been just peculiar, but dangerous. They may have been placed on the deserted island for a good reason. And now, as impossible as it seems, they just may be alive. 

Thoughts: I just loved this book. It was so different but so good. It was so thrilling just how the author mixed the photographs with the story, the photographs were also just so, so amazing and creepy at the same time... 

   Are those creepy or what! I couldn't get over how chilling the pictures where throughout the whole book! Evreytime I was looking through the book, I would always look for the picture pages and look and them and everytime I came across one, I would get the chills. 
  Another thing that is really amazing about this book is the cover. If you look at it the little girl is floating in mid air. The first time I looked at it I was like, there's a girl on the cover. Only as I looked at it closely, I saw that the girl wasn't standing, but floating. Creepy, right? Anyway, I just adore the cover and can't get over how creepy it looks. Also with the haradcover, the actual book, is so pretty because its read and have gold on it and there's a name on the cover writin in cursive and gold lettering. It is probably on of the most beautiful books I have ever read. It's just so beautiful. I do recommend people to buy this book and not borrow it from the library or someone because it is just on that you will want to keep on your shelf and have to re-read forever. 
   I also love the idea of this book and have no idea how Ransom Riggs came up with the idea. it is just original and like nothing you have or will ever read. Also with the photo's in it, where would you get an idea like that. Pure genuis! I just love Ransom Riggs so much and can't wait to read his next book! 
   So as you can see I loved this book so so so so so much! I give it a 5/5 stars. We were meant to read books, so I advise you all to read this one as soon as possible. I think this could be a book for everyone so go out, NOW! and get this book. 

Rating: 5/5 stars
Recommended to people who like: Adventure, Drama, Suspense, Mystery and completely action packed books!    

Please check out the book trailer for this book. I think it is amazing and will make you want to read it even more. The video is called, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. If you search that on youtube then the first video should be the one. (Note: This book trailer was not made by me)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I was looking at this when I picked my last book and couldn't decide whether to get it or not, thanks for the info. I will get it when I finish my latest, I think it will beat out Clarity for the next book.
    cheers Isobel,
    love the site

    ReplyDelete